POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : animation with radiosity : Re: animation with radiosity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation with radiosity
From: Hugo
Date: 8 Jun 2002 09:51:05
Message: <3d020bc9@news.povray.org>
> set up your camera for a still frame, and strategically place
> mirrors (perhaps spherical ones) in places that don't block
> your view of the important parts of the image, but that help
> you to see underneath objects and such that you couldn't
> otherwise. Try to get a view in which you can see everything.
> Then run reasonably high quality radiosity on it, and save
> the settings.

I don't understand this idea... but I'd suggest much higher rad settings,
because the sampling method is like "crand" in textures so it's random and
dependant on camera location.. Nothing to do about that..

But .... if a saved rad_file weren't camera dependant (I think it is) one
could calculate the rad once and for all.. As long as objects or lights
won't move, this would be a great trick.. I don't think it'll work (?)

Anyway, it looks really good!! Except the flickering.

Regards,
Hugo